Friday, February 26, 2010

Is life that complicated?

Last night, I was really surprised to find myself excited over my plans for today. The highlight: BAKING. I baked some carrot cupcakes, banana breads and revel bars. Three of my favorite dessert snacks! They’re not for me to eat though. They’re orders of friends and relatives in town.


Another interesting thing that happened today is I got to watch IT’S COMPLICATED with my mom. It stars Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin. I did not like the story line very much, since its ‘complicated’-ness is not something many people in this country can relate to and the cinematography is very simple (does not have much of a wow effect compared to its contemporary Percy Jackson & the Lightning Thief or Avatar). The story is about two people who were once married, and now divorced, start to like each other again. To add to the complication, Alec Baldwin (the ex-husband) is currently tied to a second wife; and Meryl Streep (the ex-wife) is just about ready to move on, after 10 years of being divorced to Baldwin.


I’m not sure if this is weird. When I was watching, I was more enticed with the details of the set-up, the location and whatever Meryl Streep was doing with her hands rather than the main theme of the story itself.



I so love how she spends her time (I think we have the same hobbies, except for the ‘affair’ :p). She's into baking, cooking, gardening! I want to learn how she makes her lavender flavored ice cream and the double layered chocolate cake (which she said was the best cake she has ever baked so far. :P). I saw how she manages her bakery that is fully decorated with flowers and fruit baskets, very homey for friendly chitchats and catching up. I hope to have her multilayer oven which she uses to bake her chocolate croissant. I appreciate her style.. very similar to Martha Stewart. Her kitchen at home has a large window by the sink overlooking the garden which is really fresh and sunny, a lovely view for the family’s favorite place at home. It was interesting to see her make noodles, roasted turkeys, pies for her children and friends at this place.


With all that she does, she has turned her house to a home for family and guests alike.




Minus those complications caused by (wrong) decisions, like divorce, life can be pretty simple, peaceful and joyful. :)


~ o ~

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment