Thursday, February 10, 2011

Remembering the Past: May 10, 2007

I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me Lord, but, please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.
~ Jeremiah 10:23-24
May 10, 2007


It is mostly amazing, partly scary, to know that someone's planning for you. Amazing because despite your frailty and weakness, you know that Someone can lead you to achieve, can bring you to places, can provide you with the strength to overcome. That same Someone is the one who made the heavens and the earth, who was and is the only one God who've judged other gods (the others have passed away).

It's partly scary because you may have your own plans and God has his. They may be different, completely or partially. Since God's plan will prevail, it may hurt when you have to let go of your own plans and desires.

Let's remember that God, as the potter, has infinite wisdom. He knows what is best for you (I know this has already been a cliche usually used when a person's hurt, confused or worried). And He may correct you, by aligning your plan to His.


I found this entry in my 2007 journal. During that time, I just left my first job. I felt like a failure. I didn't do well at work and I didn't know where to go. Reading my past entries last night, I was able to remember my struggles back then. How I struggled when my friends were earning salaries a lot higher than mine. How I struggled with keeping my heart pure for God. How I struggled with persecution. How I struggled with not knowing where to go. There were lots more that made me almost give up.

Reading them four years later, I am able to see how God has helped me overcome my struggles. How he has changed my view on money. How he has made me overcome guy issues. How he has given me strength during persecutions. And how he has led some of these persecutors to Christ. I saw how the pieces fit. How God answered my unending questions. And how he has changed me, molded me, to fit in the future that my young, naive, 2007 eyes could not see.

Praise the Lord! It's truly encouraging to remember the past. It equips us with hope, pushes us to move forward, and encourages us to grow further.

May we remember God's faithfulness as we look forward to the future that He has prepared with much joy and excitement! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment