Sunday, May 30, 2021

Thriving Entrepreneurial Mindset #1




Recently, I attended two events (one as a panel on the BPI Sinag Roadshow and the other was a meeting with a mentor from PQA) where I was asked about mindset. 


“What can be our mindset as an entrepreneur during this pandemic? How do we cope or thrive in the midst of it?”


It was one of those days when I had to think about what I think about.  In order to answer, I analyzed how my brain responded to various circumstances even when they do not directly affect me.


A few nights ago, while we were having dinner, I heard on the news that Cebu might not be accepting international flights anymore and all flights would be rerouted to NAIA.  Not sure how news like this affected other people.  Let me ask you, if you heard this news what would be the first thoughts running in your mind?


Although this news does not directly affect me because I do not go out, certain questions are asked automatically within me. I realize, maybe this is one mindset. Let me share with you a snapshot of what was going on inside my brain: 


“What would be the implication of this?”

“What would these people need?”

“What products would they require?”

“What businesses would thrive with this change?”


I find it fun to do this kind of mental exercise.  Spotting changes and brainstorming on opportunities can turn whatever circumstance into something positive and productive.  This mindset may help us thrive wherever we are.  


There are still other mindsets which I can share next time. But for now, can you please identify the trends or changes you see within your circle, community or globally, online or offline?


No comments:

Post a Comment