Someone spotted this witty and modern creation in the Reader's Digest website. Here in text shorthand are the 10 commandments that may appear on modern Moses' cellphone.
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
1. "You shall have no other gods before me." (Exodus 20:3)
"No one before me. Seriously."
2. "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them." (20:4,5)
"Don't worship pictures or idols."
3. "You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name." (Exodus 20:7)
"No oh my God's."
4. "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates." (Exodus 20: 8-10)
"No work on weekends. (Saturday for now, Sunday later)" I'm confused with the latter phrase. :P
5. "Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you." (Exodus 20:12)
Hmm..I don't have any idea what POS means. Is it like shorthand spelling of "pause"? I think the second line says "Mom and Dad are cool."
6. "You shall not murder." (Exodus 20:13)
"Don't kill people."
7. "You shall not commit adultery." (Exodus 20:14)
"... only with my mate." Try typing this smiley on your Yahoo Messenger. It's very interesting. :)
8. "You shall not steal." (Exodus 20:15)
9. "You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor." (Exodus 20:16)
"Don't lie regarding your boyfriend." Maybe this includes lying about your age and weight also. :P
10. "You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor." (Exodus 10:17)
"Don't ogle (look with desire) your boyfriend's mate. or ox. or donkey. Mind your own business." Someone just told me MYOB is "Mind Your Own Business." I think I'm getting old.