Thursday, April 22, 2010

Darlene Zschech and the Hillsong Team live in Manila!



Finally, we were able to see Darlene Zschech (pronounced as 'check') - the voice behind "Shout to the Lord," "Worthy is the Lamb," and "Still," - live!

Woohoo! It was a night when our vocal chords, larynges, diaphragms were all utilized to the end limits as we sang praises and worship to our Lord! I can't explain the feeling of being able to worship in a jampacked hall of Araneta Coliseum! Imagine, the whole general admissions was filled, no space can be seen even at the back of the stage. It was indeed an amazing, exhilarating experience!

She sang a great variety of songs, both old and new. There were a number of Hillsong United tracks like "One Way" and "Take It All", "I Love You, Lord" popularized by Amy Grant and "How Great is Our God" of Chris Tomlin! It was worth it! (Could be better though if the lyrics were flashed on the TV monitors and sound system was clearer.)

Part 1
Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)
Run
One Way
No Reason To Hide
Inside Out
Hosanna
At The Cross / I Love You Lord
None But Jesus
I Will Exalt You
This Is Our God

Part 2
The Time Has Come
You’ll Come
His Glory Appears
You Hold Me Now
It’s Your Love
Agnus Dei
Mighty To Save
Take It All
Break Free
Tell The World
How Great Is Our God / Shout To The Lord


I was seated with these friends who entertained me with their voices and dance moves.

Although far from stage, we enjoyed the music and munched on the lyrics with great fervor. I particularly like these lines from one of her new songs:
"Chains be broken, lives be healed. Eyes be opened, Christ is revealed."


The main highlight of the show for me was when a Filipino speaker shared John 3:16. "For God so love the world (you), that He gave His one and only son (Jesus Christ to die on the cross and wash away our sins), whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life (starting today!)." Although I've heard this line a thousand of times before (yes, I'm exaggerating but you get the point), I am still touched. I am reminded of how much God has loved me despite my brokenness. He even adopted me as His daughter (that's why I am technically a princess! You can be too!). I realized there is no message, no song that is more powerful than the gospel.



The concert ended with Darlene lifting her hands high up to heaven, pointing to our God who is the creator and the giver of music, who can move both hearts and mountains. I'm glad that at the end of it all, all the glory was given to God. :)

1 comment: