Thursday, July 8, 2010

Black Mood and Friends

We are not always joyful and peaceful. It's reality. Due to our sinful nature, we cannot retain such enthusiasm with our lives and aim for the heavenly goal with great fervor all throughout our walk. I'm sure not even the most saint of all saints can stay pure (void of negative thoughts), calm (void of anger), joyful (void of loneliness) everyday. That's why apart from God's amazing grace, God has blessed us with friends who'd run the race with us, to encourage us along the way and remind us to look up.

Some of my dear friends ran alongside me while I was in my black mood. I was reminded of these things:

1. Because of Christ we can be free from sin, free from the slavery of anger, free from being fed up, free from depression. This artwork was created by my dear friend's missionary friend who became a blessing to her as their paths crossed when they were 24 years old. I was blessed by this as well in my 24th year.


2. When we delight ourselves in the Lord, our hearts align to Him, such that we are able to trust our affections. We canNOT trust the things that we feel, the thoughts that we have - if our hearts are NOT delighting in God. If it is not in line with His will. Delight Yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of Your heart.

3. Be Still. This friend of mine quoted Exodus 14:14 "The Lord will fight for you." And this other friend of mine (without any idea of my conversation with my girl friend) shared his most recent lesson/realization. It's also from the same verse! According to him, the context is this: Moses was leading the Israelites out of Egypt, and during this time they were right in between the sea and the Egyptians. They had no place to go and Moses was placed in the worst position ever (since he was the commander). Moses prayed and stood still. Indeed God was the one who fought for them. He cut through the water until there was a dry land to walk on. Interesting. The Lord will fight for you.

4. I also realized that different friends can be a blessing at different times. Sometimes they are the friends you get to meet weekly, other times they are those who live miles away that you get to IM with only once in a blue moon. The Lord's timing is good.

Thank You, Lord. And thank you brothers and sisters in Christ. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment