Thursday, July 22, 2010

Three Must-Tries!!!

When my mom and I had our girl-bonding time awhile ago, I stumbled upon an old magazine resting on an isolated table. It was entitled "Men's Zone." Despite not being the target market, I decided to check it out anyway, especially if the first page I happened to open was a tight macro shot of a mouth-watering crispy pata.

The few pages that ignited my taste buds showed the delectable food choices of the best restaurants in the Philippines last 2003. There were restaurants that had already closed down. I don't recall seeing a Mario's selling high-end Italian-American mix in St. Francis Square recently. There are some that I'd love to try.. oh my, am I lagging behind or what!

Here are the top three restaurants I would love to try soon!

On the green pasture of Tagaytay, lies a big house that enjoys the view of fresh lush greens and the pleasing cool breeze rarely found in the city proper. Massimo's Ristorante is a product of a creative and zealous chef, Hazel Lu, who mastered the art of cooking in Italy. And now, I will have to plot a date in my calendar for a day trip to Tagaytay. Should I try their Foie Gras & Roasted Fuji Apples with Balsamic Vinegar, Wagyu Sirloin or their Sea Scallops on Mushroom Risotto?


Now, if I can't travel that far at the mo, then I'd just go somewhere within the metro, particularly in the district of Malate. I'm not sure if you've been to 1808 Maria Orosa St where Mamma is located. I read that they serve a mean lamb shanks. And they are placed on a bed of parmesan-infused mashed potatoes. They also have popular Filipino appetizers (pampagana) like Chicharon Bulaklak (crispy pork intestines) and spicy chicken wings. Talk about pure comfort food delight! I'll let you know if the cholesterol's worth eating.

Then there's also Cafe Lupe in Makati, a weird Eiffel tower-like structure tucked at the corner of Edsa and the Pasig river. They serve an eclectic, yet very appetizing, blend of Ilocano and Mexican dishes. According to some diners, once they step inside cafe they forget about their work, the traffic and the stress. They feel like they've been transported to the sunny, upbeat and fun place of Boracay.

Let me know if you've been there or if you'd like to join me in my adventure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment