Monday, February 1, 2010

Respondez S’il Vous Plait

What I’ve been doing the past weekend: attending weddings!

This is truly one of my most favorite events to witness in the whole world. Others include seeing new born baby of my loved ones, and witnessing people being born again (in Christ, you know what I mean).

Although I was undeniably excited for the weddings, I realized that I had forgotten to send my RSVP to one of the weddings until the night before the big day. RSPV, or “respondez s’il vous plait”, means reply if you please. In these days, this response is a must. Only through the RSVP will the wedding coordinator or the bridegroom be able to anticipate your presence and prepare the table for you.

This reminds me of a Wedding Banquet story.

In the story, the king prepared a wedding banquet for his son. He sent his servants to invite people to the banquet. However, the people ignored the invitation. And so, when the wedding banquet was ready, those whom the king invited did not deserve to come. So even if the people who were once invited decided to show up, well, they would not be welcomed anymore. (Check out Matthew 22.)

The Wedding Banquet is like the Kingdom of Heaven and God is the King. You and I are both invited, even our friends and family members. And yet many refuse to accept this ‘invitation’. They simply want to focus on their businesses, or find happiness elsewhere. When time comes that they have to leave the face of the earth, they won’t be able to enter heaven anymore. It’s a sad fact.

Fortunately, my friend graciously accepted my RSVP that evening. :)

Below are some pics from the...
Chan - Franciso Nuptial:


Ngo - See Nuptial:





No comments:

Post a Comment