Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Who God Is: Series

A very close friend of mine resolved to write the attributes of God - who He has revealed Himself to be - in her journal. I have not read what she has written yet. But I believe it's going to be encouraging, uplifting and simply wonderful. And so I have decided to do the same.

This "Who God Is" series is going to be posted for three reasons:

(1) to focus on God. It is tempting to write about you, about me, about us, about everything that is happening in this world and make them circulate around you, me and us. This only makes us forget that there's Someone more important than you and me, Someone who deserves our time and attention, Someone who deserves all the glory and all the praises that this world has to offer. Because ALL GOOD things (i.e. gifts, capabilities, physique, salaries, family) come from Him.

(2) to proclaim to the whole world who my God is. Many of us pray to God, put our faith in Him, serve him. But do we know who God is? If yes, good. Who is He then? If no, how do we serve the one whom we do not know? How do we speak to Him? And How do we expect others to know Him as well?

(3) to remind myself who He is. I realized that I can never be like God. I am forgetful. And because I'm forgetful, it is difficult for me to be faithful in word and deed. Whenever circumstances cloud my faith, many times I forget who God is. I tend to worry, when the Bible tells me not to worry for my God will provide. I tend to fear, when the Bible clearly speaks of a God who protects.

I encourage you to know my God, our God. I encourage you to list down who He is in your life and soon proclaim it out loud.

God bless you brothers and sisters!

"May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." ~ Galatians 6:14

No comments:

Post a Comment