Thursday, March 4, 2010

My First Bread! :)

After my bread making class yesterday, I got so excited that I tried making a Pan De Sal today! I thought no sweat, if so many people in the neighborhood can do it, why can't I? Me and my big mouth. I realized it's a lot harder than I thought! Can't believe it takes so much strength and effort to mix and knead the dough. Up until now (5 hours later), I can still feel my muscles ache. Maybe that's why most panaderos are males.

The ingredients are the usual.

Bread flour.
Yeast.
Sugar.
Salt.
Water.
Shortening.

I tried kneading the dough and waited for it to turn elastic. According to my recipe it should take about 15 to 20 minutes. But for me, it took more than 45 minutes!

Check out the outcome below! My first bread! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment