Thursday, March 25, 2010

Rockstar Night!

We had our joint cell fellowship tonight. If you're wondering what a "Joint Cell Fellowship" is, let me enlighten you a bit. This is a quarterly event where the main cellgroups of the church gather together to have a night of worship, fellowship and fun. Usually it contains games, lively or sometimes meditative praise and worship, and a wisdom-filled message.

For the first quarter of 2010, Friday group was tasked to host it. Initially I was thinking, oh dear, another project, additional stress. Maybe it's 'coz it was somehow difficult for me to encourage them to work as a team before. Then I prayed for a heart of volunteerism in the group. I got the answer the first time I opened the topic of "Joint Cell". People started volunteering to lead the praise and worship, to head the program, etc, etc, etc. During the course of preparation, someone even suggested, "hey maybe we should meet up on another day to fine tune all the details." Amazing!

More blessings came unexpectedly. You see our group has the youngest members, many are still studying (including me and my co-leader) and some have just entered the corporate world. We are not as financially stable as compared to the other groups. Out of the blue, I got a call that this churchmate will bring barbeque, and a text message that someone has just donated a big sum of money. God's abundant supply is truly overwhelming.

I realized that what the pastor pointed out tonight is true, God's yoke or burden is light. He will supply you abundantly so that all your needs (for yourself, your ministries, your work) are met (and more often than not, there's more than enough left). If His yoke becomes heavy, then take a rain check.


No matter how kulit, how tahimik, how young, how old, I love the Friday Crew!
(A number of Friday Crew are not included in this picture.)



Let's press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. Am blessed to be running the race with you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment