Monday, January 25, 2010

Create Art to Inspire

Today’s adventure is in the world of visual arts, and it’s not in any way edible.

I’ve always wanted to try making my own pots for the plants I have at home. Probably because I’ve been reading about the potter and the clay in the bible, and I’m amazed at the individuality of each and every pot being made by the potter. However, due to the unavailability of pottery schools in Manila, I’ve resorted to CLAY!

For your information, my goal for the month of January is to try this new hobby. And I’m super glad that I got to do it before the month ends! Woohoo!

The usual clay art available online and offline are food imitations, mostly desserts keychains, earrings or vegetable magnets. I do not want to venture in this fully packed industry. I’d rather bake a real one. Hihi! Anyhoo, my objective for making this art is to inspire people with a simple message drawn in every clay creation.

My first creation is a pencil top that has a face of a chef, a frosting hat and a heart at the back of his head. This is for bakers who bake with love!

My second project is a plant that has little heart shaped fruits. Not only is it fit for the nearing Valentines day, but it’s also a message good for everyday use… to GROW LOVE.

The third is a pencil top with a heart springing out. Each of us has been given a heart, so use it to show it.


The one below is a tic-tac-toe concept, showing love is not a game. Caption reads “Love is not a fight, but it is something worth fighting for.” It’s from the OST of Fireproof.

I hope to see your art works too!

To God be the glory!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your blog, Mitzi.
    Keep on writing and keep on shining for God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouragement, Jacq! :)

    ReplyDelete